Shri Krishna Puja at Balmoral
2 PM this Saturday 15th August 2020
COVID Safety Plans
Jai Shri Mataji!
By the Grace of Shri Mataji, we are looking forward to meeting at Balmoral to worship our Holy Mother in the form of Shri Krishna this Saturday, 15 August at 2 PM. Please note that the time previously mentioned no longer applies.
As not all yogis from the setup and dismantle groups will be able to attend the Puja, we ask that everyone help with the setup and dismantle of the Puja, particularly as the Puja needs to start at exactly 2 PM, as it is being webcast.
It is important for all yogis attending Shri Krishna Puja to read this email thoroughly and to become familiar with the requirements for taking part in this COVID Safe event.
National COVID Safety Plan
An updated national COVID Safety plan has been uploaded to our website. Life Eternal Trust Australia has provided its undertaking to follow its Guidelines. The LETA plan has been registered with the NSW State Government and has resulted in LETA being registered as a COVID Safe Business. See LETA COVID-19 Safety Plan (Passwood rose246).
What advice has changed
Please take careful note of the following changes to our safety precautions that take effect for Shri Krishna Puja:
- Only 100 yogis can attend the Puja and they and their children must be pre-registered online – please don’t arrive at the Puja without registering as you will most likely be asked to leave. The government has strict guidelines and is enforcing these with large penalties.
- The government has recently upgraded its advice on masks and is strongly recommending that people attending places of worship such as ours wear masks. We are following this advice and also strongly recommend that yogis wear masks. Let’s protect each other.
- Please don’t come to the Puja if you are from the following Sydney hotspots: Bankstown City Plaza, Bankstown LGA, Bonnyrigg, Cabramatta, Campbelltown LGA, Carnes Hill shops, Cumberland LGA, Fairfield LGA, Liverpool LGA, Mt Pritchard, Parramatta LGA, Perisher, Potts Point area, Prestons, Wetherill Park
- Raksha bandhan will not be taking place this year due to social distancing restrictions. We all love the Raksha bandhan ceremony very dearly but as a result of social distancing requirements we are asking sisters to provide brothers with an envelope with a rakhi and a wrapped sweet if they wish to but please no contact in the form of tying of rakhis, putting on of bindhis or aartis
COVID-19 Safety Plan for Shri Krishna Puja at Balmoral
The Safety plan for Shri Krishna has been updated, so please take the time to read all the information below.
The following areas are covered below:
- COVID-19 Guidelines
- You should not attend Shri Krishna Puja if you:
- You should consider not attending Shri Krishna Puja if you are:
- Before you attend Shri Krishna Puja, you will need to:
- The Puja is being webcast nationally
- When you arrive at Balmoral, you will need to:
- Video of Seating Arrangements in Puja Hall
- During the Puja
- Other information
It is important for those who attend to follow the COVID-19 restrictions in order to keep each other safe and not to put each other at risk.
From 24 July 2020, there are new government rules to keep NSW COVID safe. The number of people allowed inside indoor venues will be determined by the ‘one person per 4 square metre’ rule as well as being capped at 100 people, and all activity must be seated only. Please note that this differs from the guidance provided at the time of Guru Puja.
As of 2 August, given the increase in the community spread of COVID-19, the NSW Government has strongly recommended those visiting a place of worship to wear a mask, and we are making the same recommendation to yogis visiting our Pujas.
Spaces where yogis can sit will be marked on the floor, and chairs will be appropriately spaced. We ask all yogis attending to please follow these guidelines and not to move the chairs.
We ask for your understanding on the day in following the directions of a Councillor or Trustee if it is needed to help ensure that social distancing is followed during the Puja to ensure we are able to host future events.
The intent is to Live Stream the Puja depending on the availability of the internet at Balmoral which due to its remote location can be unreliable.
You should not attend Shri Krishna Puja if you:
- You or a close contact, such as a family member or household member, has tested positive for COVID 19;
- You have travelled overseas or to Melbourne in the past 14 days;
- You have had any cough or flu like symptoms in the past 7 days – this includes fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, fatigue, runny nose, muscle or joint pains, headache, vomiting or diarrhoea;
- You are from any of the following Sydney hotspots: Bankstown City Plaza, Bankstown LGA, Bonnyrigg, Cabramatta, Campbelltown LGA, Carnes Hill shops, Cumberland LGA, Fairfield LGA, Liverpool LGA, Mt Pritchard, Parramatta LGA, Perisher, Potts Point area, Prestons, Wetherill Park.
You should consider not attending Shri Krishna if you are:
- Aged 70 years or over.
- Aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years or over with a chronic medical condition.
Before you attend Shri Krishna, you will need to:
- Register via our COVID-19 Visitor’s Online Register – this is a legal requirement for COVID-19 contact tracing. Use the blue link below. This is essential as there are only 100 spots available and anyone who has not registered will be asked to leave unless there are still spots available. Very important – you will need to register your children as well and they will be counted as part of the 100 spots available.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase a mask in accordance with government guidance. They cost about $1 at chemists or other online shops.
- Pay your Dakshina online via Bank transfer (LIFE ETERNAL TRUST – NSW PROMOTIONS – BSB:012 245 Account:2217 67344 – ANZ Bank)
- Available spots have been marked out in the hall. Due to government restrictions, there will only be 100 seats available inside the Puja Hall. Therefore, it is essential that all yogis who are planning to attend pre-register. Please do not turn up on the day without registering!
- We encourage all Yogis attending the Puja to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app.
- We encourage the collective to bring your own water bottle, snacks, and food and encourage eating outside of the Puja Hall as is practical.
- We ask that yogis come prepared for the Puja and not use the changing rooms due to the need to observe social distancing.
The Puja is being webcast nationally
As the Puja is being webcast nationally we have to start at exactly 2 pm. Please aim to arrive a fair amount earlier so that you have time to register at the desk (this is in addition to pre-registering online).
When you arrive at Balmoral, you will need to:
- We strongly recommend that you put on a mask in accordance with government guidelines. NSW Government guidance on masks – how to wear a mask.
- Visit the registration desk upon entering to ensure that we have you listed for the event (this is a government requirement);
- You will be asked some screening questions to determine if you are able to attend the Puja (see above regarding who should not attend the Puja);
- Get your temperature checked at the registration desk (contactless). Anyone who is displaying any symptoms or has a temperature over 37.5°C by law cannot be permitted to enter and will be asked to go home, along with their family members;
- Clean your hands with hand sanitiser provided at the registration desk;
- Follow the signage to enter the Puja Hall via the entrance closest to the dam, and exit via the entrance closest to the amenities block;
- Always maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres;
- Avoid hugging. Coming together after a long break the natural desire might be for Yogis to hug each other after such a long absence. This is something that we all need to guard against. Let us all recommit to the Sahaja acknowledgement of Namaste being a pure spiritual gesture representing the acknowledgement by one yogi of the Divine spirit in the soul of another Yogi in greeting;
- Observe the signs showing how many yogis can be in buildings such as the kitchen and amenities at a time;
- Clean Foot Soak buckets with detergent before and after use;
- Families with young children are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser and be aware of the importance of hand hygiene for their children.
Video – Seating Arrangements in Puja Hall
Due to government requirements, there will only be 100 seats available inside the Puja Hall. Available spots have been marked out in the Puja Hall.
Seating arrangements will be similar to Guru Puja as shown in the following video:
During the Puja
- Please do not sing at the Puja. As singing is a COVID-19 super-spreader the government has asked religious groups not to sing or chant collectively. These regulations apply to all religious groups. Only a few of our miked musicians will be singing and they will be in the front row facing away from the rest of the collective. So, please do not sing bhajans including Swagata (welcoming bhajan), Aarti or 3 Great Mantras. Other mantras can be said softly;
- Maintain social distancing during the Puja including on the stage
- Raksha bandhan will be not be taking place this year due to social distancing. We all love the Raksha bandhan ceremony very dearly but as a result of social distancing requirements we are asking sisters to provide brothers with an envelope with a rakhi and a wrapped sweet if they wish to but please no contact in the form of tying of rakhis, putting on of bindhis or aartis.
- Directions on getting to Balmoral property (Password rose246)
- Download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Shri Krishna Puja Nirmal Dham India 9th August, 2020
We really do appreciate the efforts of all yogis in keeping everyone safe.
Thanks also to all the yogis who provided advice.
We hope you all enjoy a wonderful Puja in Balmoral!