Hosting a Burwood Collective Program
HH Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi at Burwood Ashram 2006
Noise restrictions for Burwood Ashram
To minimizse the impact on our surrounding neighbours with our noise and activities in Burwood, we ask everyone to observe the following:
- All programs should start at 6:30pm and finish by 9pm.
- All non-residents to quietly leave the Burwood property by 10pm.
- All noise coming onto and off the property to be minimised.
- Children to stay inside the meditation room during the program. No unsupervised play during or after the program.
- Yogis to move inside the hall as much as possible to minimise need for microphones.
Hosting a Burwood Saturday Program
Each Roster Group is allocated a day when they host a Burwood Program. It’s been suggested that Groups should get together the Saturday before to plan their presentation for the following Saturday.
Please try to start program between 6:30pm and 7pm and finish by 9pm to allow all non-residents time to quietly leave Burwood by 10pm.
Here are the Group’s program duties:
BEFORE THE PROGRAM STARTS
- Prepare the Altar and setup for Puja / Meditation / Shri Mataji’s talk / Aarti / Garland.
- Ensure a suitable tray is used for the Aarti incense, to protect Mother’s carpets.
- Bring and arrange flowers.
- Bring Prasad.
- Get the PA system working, including the speakers in the courtyard and the verandah.
- Place carpets in the courtyard (these are stored in the verandah area).
- Set out some folding chairs in courtyard.
- Turn on the gas heater in the courtyard, if necessary.
- “Dhoop” (ajwan and frankincense) the meditation, verandah and courtyard areas.
- Monitor for any excessive noise that could disturb our neighours.
- Check that children are not unsupervised around the kitchen area and backyard unnecessarily. Direct them to go for meditation.
TIDY UP AFTERWARDS
- Vacuum all carpets
- Roll up Courtyard carpets, fold up chairs and sweep Courtyard
- Remove & wash trays, cups & plates, etc
- Check outside for plates, litter, etc.
- Tidy up kitchen if tea/snacks were served.
- Tidy laundry after arranging flowers